Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dismemberment Plan @ Webster Hall NY 01/29/11.

I am the kind of person who's been really, really excited about the slew of indie rock bands who've chosen to reunite in the past couple years. It has a lot to do with being just a few years too young to have seen them the first time around. I'm not sure if seeing them in this context makes it a more or less "genuine" experience, but when the opportunity arises to see one of my favorite bands for the first (and possibly only) time, I'm going to jump on it. This show was almost ruined by this winter's snow, which wreaked havoc on the Metro North train schedule. Metro North decided to run the trains on a Sunday schedule this day (it was a Saturday) and my only option was to take Amtrak home at 2:45 in the morning after the show ended at 11. It was still worth it.

I really like to snap photos of bands, but my camera lens isn't really up to snuff. I'll be investing in a new one soon, and hopefully it'll make things a little easier. I tried anyway though!







The Dismemberment Plan has a song called "The Ice Of Boston" where, historically, they invite anyone in the crowd to join them onstage to sing along. It's pretty fun. Here's someone's video actually taken onstage from this show--



At the end they played my favorite song, which is really all anyone wants when they go see one of their favorite bands, right? That was pretty exciting for me. Here is someone else's video of it--



As far as the performance as a whole goes, this show was really great. There weren't really any bad moments. Webster Hall has really good lighting compared to some other venue's I've been to, including these crazy green "digital" looking seizure-inducing green lights. One downside was that the singer is a pretty energetic guy, but the bass player and 2nd guitarist didn't really follow his lead. They spent most of the show looking a little bored about the whole thing. Another downside was that immediately following the show there was a dance party at the same venue, so the band really had to stop sooner than they would have wanted, which was a little disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment